Hi Dance Family,
Hoping you are all safe, happy and healthy. It’s hard to believe it has been a month since we would have been back in class after March Break. We can’t tell you much we miss seeing your faces, and your energy filling the studio.
There are a few updates to pass along this month:
It has been wonderful to see most of you in virtual class. Thank you so much students, parents and teachers! We know this format is not ideal, but it’s the only way we can stay connected and see all of your smiling faces. It can be difficult for some to learn this way so here are a few helpful tips to make the most out of these classes:
- Close out any other programs running on your laptop/phone/iPad that could interfere with your internet connection.
- When in class, switch to “speaker view” and “pin” the teacher’s video so that she will always remain large and full screen. Parents, if you could please help the younger students set this up it would be greatly appreciated.
- Classes are 30 minutes in length, however might go over a little bit to accommodate students getting signed in/set up.
- Please position your camera appropriately. This may mean adjusting through out the class so we can see you standing, your feet/arms, floor work, etc.
- Please treat your classes and teacher the way you would treat your regular classes in the studio. Be respectful, try your best, ask questions and engage, don’t be on your cellphone or computer chat.
- Most of all, have fun! We know classes can’t be perfect – some of us are dancing in small spaces, on carpet, around furniture and families (pets included!) and have spotty internet connections… these classes are about getting a chance to stay active and creative, and stay as a community with your classmates.
Tomorrow, April 22nd will be our first WILDCARD WEDNESDAY class! For this first week, we will be holding a 30 minute family Booty Barre® class. This is open to all of you, the more the merrier! We are asking for your input on a time to schedule, 4:45pm or 7pm? Class time will be posted on Instagram and website Latest News tomorrow. Have a chair handy to use in place of a ballet barre.
CHECK LATEST EMAIL OR CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR ZOOM LINK
All monthly payments were stopped as of March 15th. We will have to wait and see if any of this dance season can be salvaged before calculating refunds or credits towards September.
Most Showcase costumes have been purchased however no one has been charged yet. As previously mentioned, we would love to have a postponed Showcase whenever large gathering are permitted again. In the meantime they are all at the studio and I have stopped altering (lol!).
With another week behind us, I hope you’re all settling into this new reality and daily routine (dance pun intended!) as best as one can. Please continue to share feedback and request, reach out with any questions you may have, or just to say hi. Continue to take care of yourselves and loved ones, and hopefully, let us continue to stay positive and stay moving together as a dance family.
Wendy and your R&R Staff